Tempdrop Sensor Quick Start Guide
In this guide
5. Box contents
Setting up your Tempdrop sensor
- Slide the band in a 'walking' motion up your arm.
- Feel for the soft dip between the muscles just below the armpit hairline.
- Move the band up and position the sensor over the soft dip.
- Once in position, the sensor's tip should be pointing towards the elbow.
- Ensure the band is firm but still comfortable.
- If the band needs adjusting, slide it off and move the hooks.
- Once your sizing is correct, leave it hooked and slide it on and off daily.
- Ensure the tip of the sensor is facing your elbow
- Your armband must be firm (without causing discomfort) to maintain adequate skin contact overnight with minimal movement. If the sensor moves, it can lead to poor-quality data.
Using Tempdrop with a classic standard armband with plastic frame? Click here for setup instructions.
Install the Tempdrop app
Install the Tempdrop app on your phone. Follow the prompts to create your user account and set your preferences.
Note: Do not try to pair the sensor with your phone through Bluetooth settings. The app will make the connection when you sync your first result.
Using your Tempdrop sensor
Place the Tempdrop on your arm and adjust the position.
- The Tempdrop sensor must be turned on before each use.
- Keep it on all night, even if your sleep is interrupted (i.e. going to the bathroom or caring for baby).
- You can sync immediately or set it aside to sync at a more convenient time.
- Recorded data will remain stored on the sensor until it's synced using the app.
- The sensor can hold up to 3 average nights of data between syncs; however, syncing daily is best practice.
Syncing and viewing your results
Open the Tempdrop app and press 'Sync Tempdrop'
- One night's data will take around 30-60 seconds to sync.
- You can use Wi-Fi or phone data to sync.
- The sensor can hold a maximum of 24hrs recording time (3 x 8 hr average nights) between syncs. Over recording can lead to lost data. Sync daily whenever possible as best practice.
Before using this product, please read the following.
Tempdrop is a wearable sleeping temperature thermometer and charting app for use along with a Symptothermal Method of Fertility Awareness (STM) to track your Menstrual cycle.
Following the directions will help prevent incorrect use of the product.
We recommend giving Tempdrop up to 30 days to ensure you are wearing the sensor properly, that everything is settled, and readings are as optimal as possible. If you are already tracking your basal body temperature (BBT), you can continue to do so for a time to validate that Tempdrop’s readings correlate with your regular thermometer cycle chart. It’s normal for Tempdrop results to be slightly higher or lower than oral readings.
Alcohol consumption, medications, and various medical conditions may alter your sleeping temperature.
If you have any concerns about your results or the Tempdrop app interpretation, please Contact Us for troubleshooting help.